Fabiano specialises as counsel, appearing in court most days. His focus is on enforcement matters, including:
- assisting councils to enforce the requirements of their planning schemes;
- issuing notices or prosecuting for breaches of:
- building legislation, including issuing emergency orders,
- urban drainage legislation;
- legislation relating to the preparation of food and the protection of public health;
- advising on requirements for animal control, including dangerous dog declarations;
- issuing abatement notices in circumstances where a nuisance exists; and
- representation and advice on enforcement options for environmental matters.
Fabiano also acts for various construction companies, builders and individuals in building and construction disputes, including the following:
- making and defending matters pursuant to the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payments Act 2009;
- recovering outstanding debts in the Magistrates Court of Tasmania or the Supreme Court of Tasmania;
- advising on contractual obligations; and
- providing background advice to assist clients to negotiate practical and pragmatic solutions to construction disputes.
In addition, Fabiano acts for defendants in criminal matters including:
- all kinds of summary and indictable matters prosecuted by Tasmania Police, the State of Tasmania, and the Commonwealth;
- urgent, out-of-hours bail applications; and
- appears in the Supreme Court of Tasmania.