Family and De Facto Relationship Law
Simmons Wolfhagen lawyers specialise in all family law issues including matters relating to:
- Matrimonial and de-facto (including same sex) property matters;
- Binding Financial Agreements (commonly known as “pre-nuptial” agreements) – at the commencement of a relationship, or during it, we can also assist you to arrange your financial matters, in the event of separation occurring in the future;
- Parenting matters including matters where separating parents have reached agreement for parenting arrangements and wish to formalise agreement with Court Orders; disputes regarding parenting arrangements including where a parent is being denied time; matters where allegations of abuse have been made; relocation applications;
- Acting for grandparents and other persons significant to the care, welfare and development of a child or children;
- Child Support;
- Family Violence Orders, Police Family Violence Orders and Restraint Orders;
If separation is to occur, it is important to understand your entitlements and options – with our extensive experience we can advise, represent and assist you to achieve practical, positive and sensible solutions in all family law areas relevant to your matter. We appreciate and acknowledge that family law matters are sensitive and occur during very difficult periods of time for all involved; we will work with you with this in mind.
Our expert lawyers can conduct informal negotiations and mediation to assist you in working towards a practical resolution, and we can represent you in Court if required. Our lawyers regularly appear in the Federal Circuit Court of Australia and the Family Court of Australia representing our client’s in family law matters.